Good Morning! Welcome to L.A.-Day 5! Our final full day with CSM. Here are some of the highlights from Day 4:
- Last night we had an amazing night of debrief at the Griffith Observatory! It was truly an amazing place to go and discuss the events of the day and week as you gazed over all of LA and Hollywood.
The Observatory is located in the same hills as the “Hollywood” sign so it was pretty awesome to be close to something so well-known. Our youth group had a great time discussing how God views the city…the people, the place, the brokenness. We broke up into small groups to discuss each person’s perspective and despite being exhausted, our youth couldn’t stop talking about how significant the week has been….the people they have met, the places they have been, the new perspective on poverty….all awesome.
- Before that we had a great meal in “Little Armenia” at a restaurant with great authentic armenian food.
- Each day our group separates into two smaller serving groups and has a different schedule. Even though each morning is different, the afternoon for each group is the same. One of our groups has worked at the Salvation Army (as Adam has been tweeting about) and the other group has been going to a Las Familias Del Publo. Both center around working with children and are amazing and tiring 🙂 The kids love our kids and it really has
been a blast to see them each grow in their ministry perspective towards kids who have very little.
- Yesterday morning one of our groups went and packed food at a place called “Project Angel Food“. It’s a program that prepares, packages, and delivers food to those individuals who are suffering from a terminal illness’. We packed over 1600 meals yesterday. Our group worked very hard and did everything from chopping up gallons and gallons of onions to packaging meals. It was a tiring morning but well worth it. After eating lunch at Project Angel Food, we had the honor of delivering two of those 1600 meals. Project Angel Food was a great place to serve.
- This week has been very signifiant in so many ways. Not only do we have the honor of being a part of the process that the City of LA has set in place to care for their homeless and poverty stricken people, but in a lot of ways, I’ve had the opportunity to see our group mature. These “underclassmen” are engaging in real life tragedy that they really are making a positive impact on. What a blessing it is to be here with them.
- Prayer Points for Thursday: 1. Today is our last full day serving with CSM. Please pray that we finish strong, that our spirits are up, and that we have a significant day here in the city. 2. Process overload: Yep, because we’ve expienreced so much, it’s hard to put this all in perspective! What we are doing all day tomorrow is taking time to process together what this trip really means in our lives….past and future. Please be praying for that process even now. 3. Saftey. 4. Joy.
Thanks for all the work you are doing for us back in KC…your prayers and support are vital to this trip!